Last night I was fortunate enough to be invited along to a bloggers evening that Lush in Chelmsford were hosting in order to promote the 'magic' of their spa's and their new treatments.
Friday, 22 May 2015
I was so excited to return from my holiday last week to my The Vegan Kind #TVK19 subscription box! I had also successfully managed to avoid any spoilers online so everything this month was a total surprise! This was also the first month that my TVK box & my TVK Beauty Box arrived together so it was like double the joy and excitement!
In the box this month we had.....
- Chika's Chilli Plantain Crisps - These were demolished pretty quickly and thoroughly enjoyed! It seems like Plantain snacks are really quickly becoming a more and more popular vegan food and healthy alternative to crisps. I really enjoyed the crunchy, sweet and chilli kick these hand cooked crisps had to them. A big thumbs up from me!
- Sarelle Hazelnut & Dark Chocolate Cream Filled Wafer - This was unbelievably good and has quickly made itself into one of my top spots for an awesome vegan chocolate bar! It reminded me a bit of a Kinder Bueno with both it's light texture and wafer filling. I will definitely be buying again!
- Ecobamboo Toothbrush - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this eco bamboo toothbrush in this months box as I have been saying for weeks now I really want one of these and literally just haven't gotten around to ordering one! Its like TVK read my mind! So I am really happy to now finally have my hands on one of these vegan friendly and 100% biodegradable toothbrushes. My husband was a little jealous so I have just taken advantage of the 10% offer and ordered him one too!
- Olive Branch Mezzo Sundried Tomato Paste - So far my husband has used this paste in his pasta dinner and he really loved it. Similar to a pesto consistency, it's a good vegan alternative to pesto and is a quick and easy addition to a pasta, pizza or bruschetta. We're looking forward to trying it out on this months recipe for vegan pizza potato skins!
- Good Full Stop Fruit & Nut Mint Chocolate Bar - I am a big fan of mint chocolate so this bar didn't disappoint! It is definitely a healthier alternative snack with crushed dates and nuts ingredients and something that I would probably pick to have within my packed lunch.
- Taking The Pea Sweet Chilli Salsa - These were SO good and were the first item from this months box to get quickly demolished by myself, my husband and my Mum! We all absolutely loved them. It's just a shame that I had to share them! I think its fair to say that I am slightly addicted to peas anyway and if theres an opportunity to add them to a meal I will, so it's great to see them now evolving into the world of snacking too! Peas are high in fibre and protein and therefore are the ultimate healthy vegan food.
So another month and another great box! One of the best things that I have done since becoming vegan is sign up to this subscription box. In my opinion it is the best vegan subscription box out there which really helps in finding new vegan alternatives for your food cupboard and your cosmetics drawer! I think it's a must if you are transitioning into a vegan lifestyle!
It was also so lovely to see TVK owner Karris McCulloch featured in this months Vegan Life magazine. She is an absolute inspiration to all of us vegans and I think I have a bit of a girl crush on her! Well done Karris on another fab month for The Vegan Kind and it's awesome to see your business go from strength to strength!
If you're not already following The Vegan Kind on social media then you need to get involved on
Until next month! Sarah x
Tuesday, 19 May 2015
So the blog has been a little quiet over the past 2 weeks and thats because I have been away on holiday here! 10 blissful days in Miami & the Florida Keys! It was the perfect holiday for some relaxation in the sun, sightseeing, shopping and most importantly......eating!! I was of course extremely excited to find out what Florida had to offer for vegans and vegetarians and I was on a mission to hunt out some of the best places to eat green.
Monday, 4 May 2015
Sunday, 3 May 2015
Matt & Nat have been on my wish list for such a long time now and this month I was fortunate enough to finally purchase the 'Triplet' purse i've had my eye on!
If you didn't already know, Matt & Nat are committed to not using leather or any animal based materials so they are completely Vegan friendly which is awesome as all of their products are beautiful!
Having been a Mulberry lover in a past life, I have been over the moon to discover Matt & Nat as the quality of their products are, in my opinion, on par with a high end brand just like Mulberry. But what they don't have in common is the exploitation of our animals!
I would also like to encourage you all to take a read of their about us - The Brand - section of their website as it really is an impressive insight into their story and ideas around ethics and sustainability. The fact that they clearly care so much about the welfare of our planet and animals already makes me a huge fan of their work.
The linings of Matt & Nat products are made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles which is just amazing! Vegan leathers are also used within their production including Polyurethane (PU) & Polyvinylchloride (PVC).
When touching a Matt & Nat product and examining their texture you would initially probably be surprised to learn that it isn't leather as they feel so similar. The texture and weight of this purse is almost identical to that of my previous Mulberry purse but it's a fraction of the price and no animal has suffered for its creation.
I decided to buy the Triplet purse because I love to be able to carry more than just money in my purse and this appeared to be the perfect solution for me. With three large sections it has a space for your bank cards & cash, your mobile phone and even some make up! Sometimes I don't always want to carry a bag around with me so I love the fact that I can keep all my must have essentials in one handy purse.
Matt & Nat products come in a variety of attractive colours and it was really tough deciding on what one to go with! But having seen some of their products on display in the Oxford Circus TopShop I knew that 'Champagne' was the right choice for me. As alluring as some of the brighter colours are like 'Citrus' and 'Poppy', I wanted something that I knew would go with everything but I didn't want to just choose black like I usually do!
Other Matt & Nat items on my wish list are the 'Baxter' bag which would be the perfect accompaniment to this purse, and the 'Daisy' clutch which would be perfect for nights out.
I first became aware of 'For The Love Of Animals Apparel' when I came across their Instagram page and I instantly loved the bold statements that they are making through fashion. I also fall for anything that's aimed at animal lovers and animal rights.
I think it's fair to say that I use the #CrueltyFree hashtag a lot so this jumper in particular seemed rather fitting for me! It also really sums up my life right now as I am someone who is completely cruelty free and I like to promote it at any opportunity!
This jumper is made from a natural fleece alternative and all of the materials used to make FTLA's clothing line are all eco friendly which is great to know! Brand owner, Kim, also hand silkscreen's all of the designs herself. Kim offers excellent customer service and if you see a design that you like but can't locate it on your preferred choice of sweater then just drop her an email and I am sure she will make it happen for you.
When my sweatshirt was delivered to me all the way from the US I was more than happy with the quality of it. To touch it feels amazingly soft and it's extremely comfortable to wear. The inside fleece lining is so comfy and will definitely keep me warm on a chilly day! If you're going to make a purchase I would definitely recommend getting a size up from your usual size as they are designed to be worn loose and slouchy.
A portion of FTLA's sales is donated to animal welfare organisations such as The Beagle Freedom Project and various animal rescue shelters so it's great to know that by making a purchase you're also supporting a very worthy cause.
My motto in life lately is to be kind at every opportunity and live compassionately especially towards those less fortunate and those that maybe don't have a voice or a choice like animals. Since journeying into a new Vegan lifestyle kindness is now at the core of my beliefs.
Thanks again to Instagram, I randomly came across the Oh No Rachio page and became aware of this awesome bag! I think all of the people who I follow on Instagram must have pretty cool tastes as it's only through images that they have liked that I have been able to stumble across such pretty things! I think it's fair to say that Instagram is the reason I am a little poorer this year! I had never before really considered it to be such an amazing tool for internet shopping.
Designed and hand illustrated by London born designer-maker Rachel Basinger, the Be Kind shopper is made from certified organic cotton and is hand printed in the UK. I absolutely love to support small independent businesses where I can and when you can find unique and quirky accessories like this it makes it all the more worthwhile! More and more I am moving away from high street fashion brands and investing in small businesses like Oh No Rachio.
If you have a little time on your hands I recommend browsing Rachel's online shop but beware - your purse will probably be a lot lighter after!
TeenVGN is a social network and support group for compassionate young people aged between 12 - 19 who are Vegetarian, Vegan and leading a cruelty free lifestyle.
Ok so being 32 years old I don't quite fit the age bracket to sign up and become a member of this organisation, however that doesn't mean that I can't buy things from their online shop!
I've seen TeenVGN at the last VegFest events that I have been to but I have kind of overlooked them purely because of my age. However, I recently saw someone similar to my own age wearing one of their vest tops and it struck me that they actually sell some pretty cool clothing.
This 'You Can't Love Animals & Eat Them Too' vest top really struck a chord with me when I saw it as this sentence is really the basis of why I went veggie, and eventually Vegan, in the first place. Being a huge animal lover I used to feel like a hypocrite eating meat as I knew inside that if it ever came to it I could never hurt or kill an animal myself.
Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this selection of some of my favourite Vegan fashion items of the moment and I hope you feel inspired to try and spread the message of compassionate living through your own fashion choices.
© The V Nice Life | All rights reserved.